Wednesday

How do I prepare for Ramadan

I prepare for Ramadan throughout the year by developing few key habits that take me through this month in an appropriate way. For example, if my goal is to recite Quran four times in Ramadan and if I am not reciting every day through out the year then to achieve this goal would be pretty difficult. Therefore, I try to recite a portion of Quran everyday and have developed this into a habit. I try to fast in the month of Sha’baan in order to prepare myself for Ramadan. I put aside money for donation since this is a month in which hasanaat are multiplied. By developing good habits everything becomes more effective, more lasting and brings the result I want.

We all have habits that we may not like or that which may not be liked by Allah. As of result of this, we feel its negative effects in our lives. The best way to get over it, is not to try to stop the habit straight away. Instead, work on a counter habit. It is difficult to overcome habits that are and have been long standing, but relatively it is easy to start new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment